Nowadays most of the students are making or want to make their career in management courses and to fulfil their dream. They want to take admissions in the top management colleges for a better career and surely, a bright future! Students who want to do management courses, they just have one college in their mind when someone tells them about the ‘top college’! It is none other than the IIMs! Different IIMs have different admission criteria and hence, in this article, we would discuss about IIM Lucknow admission criteria!
IIM Lucknow branch is one of the best institutes for management studies. People who are thinking and preparing themselves for IIM, know how good and reputable IIM Lucknow is!
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow which is also known as IIM Lucknow or IIM-L is a public business school in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The institute was established in the year 1984 as the fourth Indian Institute of Management (IIM) by the Government of India. Indian Institute of Management Lucknow ( IIM) offers post-graduate diploma, fellowship and executive programs in management. Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM) also serves as the mentor institution for the newly established IIM Jammu, IIM Rohtak and IIM Kashipur.
The management aspirants who want to take admission evidently want to know the IIM Lucknow admission criteria. IIM Lucknow admissions criteria for 2020 for the students is that IIM Lucknow accepts CAT as the primary exam for admissions.
For IIM Lucknow admission criteria, students should note that there are two types of CAT cut offs for the admissions to IIMs. They are qualifying cut off (or shortlist cut off) and final cut off (or call cut off).
IIM Lucknow admission criteria for PGP admission 2021, the overall qualifying cut off for General category students is 90 percentile. However, IIM Lucknow final CAT cut off 2020 will be around 97 – 98 percentile.
IIM Lucknow admission criteria for the year 2020 is that it offers admission to all the courses via online mode of application. Candidates seeking admission are required to appear for the entrance exam for their selection process. IIM Lucknow admission criteria for different courses are as follows:
- Final selection to PGP and PGP- ABM is subject to a qualifying score in CAT exam followed by Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview ( PI )
- PGP-SM shortlisted candidates are required to submit a Statement of Purpose ( SOP) ,the form which is available online during the admission session.
- PGPWE admissions is based on the scores students obtained in GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ GATE/ PGPWE Entrance Exam followed by WAT and PI.
- For IPMX programme admissions will be offered based on GMAT scores after which students are required to go through WAT and PI.
IIM Lucknow admission criteria 2018:
IIM Lucknow admission criteria for 2018 has been announced by the college and the college has reduced the weightage to CAT 2017 scores in 1st list to 60% from 78% in 2016 admissions. IIM Lucknow has announced that only 85 sectional percentile is required in CAT 2017 for admissions to PGP 2018-20 batch.
CAT 2017 aspirants shall score a minimum 85 sectional percentile and a minimum 90 overall percentile in the CAT 2017 exam which was held on 26th November 2017 in 2 sessions on the same day.
Different Courses Admission Criteria of IIM Lucknow:
IIM Lucknow admission criteria for Post Graduation in Management:
Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) is a 2 year full time programme offered by Indian Institute of Management Lucknow. The cut off announced by IIM Lucknow to shortlist for the programme are as follows :
- For General category- a student should score 85 in Section 1 VARC 85 in Section 2 DILR and 85 in Section 3 Quant and the overall score should be 90
- For OBC – Section 1 VARC 77, Section 2 DILR 77 and Section 3 DILR is 77 and the Overall is 82. For SC in Section 1 it is 55 for Section 2 it is 55 and for Section 3 it is 55 and the Overall cut off is 70.
- For ST and PWD students – Section 1 it is 50, Section 2 50 and Section 3 50 and the Overall Cut off is 65.
IIM Lucknow admission criteria for Post Graduation in Agribusiness Management:
IIM Lucknow course Post Graduate programme in Agribusiness Management is a 2 year full time course which helps to develop Agribusiness leaders, entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs with vision, competence and appropriate attitude for promoting/ growing agribusiness and agro-based enterprises.
The cut off are as follows:
- General category- in Section 1 VARC is 80, Section 2 DILR is 80 and Section 3 Quant is 80 and the Overall cut off is 85.
- OBC- in Section 1 it is 72, in Section 2 it is 72 and in Section 3 it is 72 and Overall Cut off it should be 77.
- SC – in Section 1 the marks should be 55, in Section 2 it should be 55 and in Section 3 it should be 55 and the Overall Cut off should be 65.
- ST and PWD- the marks obtained in Section 1 VARC should be 50, Section 2 DILR it should be 50 and for Section 3 it should be 50 and Overall Cut off for ST and PWD is 60.
IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria for Sustainable Management:
IIM Lucknow Post Graduate programme in Sustainable management ( PGPSM) endeavours to produce experts to fill the gap of sustainability issues in industry. Post Graduate programme in Sustainable management is a 2 years full time programme which is being offered at Noida campus of IIM Lucknow. This programme is designed to help managers to develop an environment and social responsibility and equip them with holistic skills to handle varied sustainability challenges.
The cut off for the same is:
- For the General category- in Section 1 VARC the marks obtained should be 80, in Section 2 DILR it should be 80 and in Section 3 Quant the marks should be 80 and the overall cut off should be 85.
- For OBC- in Section 1 VARC marks should be 72, in Section 2 DILR it should be 72 and in Section 3 it should be 72 and Overall Cut off should be 77.
- For SC- in Section 1 VARC marks should be 55, in Section 2 DILR it should be 55 and for Section 3 Quant it should be 55 and Overall Cut off should be 65.
- For ST and PWD- in Section 1 VARC marks obtained should be 50, in Section 2 DILR marks should be 50 and in Section 3 Quant it should be 50 and Overall Cut off should be 60 for both ST and PWD.
One important factor of IIM Lucknow admission criteria is while shortlisting the candidates, Class 12 and graduation marks will get 20% weightage during the admissions. There will be zero weightage if the candidate has scored less than 80 percentile in class 12. Students who have scored 98 to 100 percentile will get the maximum 10 points weightage and Graduation marks will also be awarded a weightage of 10 points by IIM Lucknow.
IIM Lucknow admission criteria in 2017:
In the year 2017, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow kept 85 percentile as the minimum score to qualify for the sectional Cut off for the General Category students. The institute has made distinction among the CAT cut off required to get admission in three of its programme i.e. Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM), Post Graduate Programme in Agribusiness Management (PGM-ABM) and Post Graduate Programme in Sustainable Management (PGPSM). For the other two programmes i.e. PGP- ABM and PGPSM candidates need only 85 overall percentile to seek admission in the institute.
To qualify and get admission in IIM Lucknow, aspirants have to qualify CAT exam and the Cut off of PGP course are mentioned below:
- General category – 90
- OBC – 82
- SC – 70 and
- ST and PWD- 65.
For PGP- ABM, the overall cut off were:
- General category- 85
- OBC- 77
- SC- 65 and
- ST and PWD- 60
For PGP- SM, the overall cut off for the different categories are:
- General category- 85
- OBC – 77
- SC – 65
- ST and PWD – 60
The management aspirants who are planning to take admissions in Indian Institute of Management Lucknow must know that the above mentioned information is the eligibility criteria for the year 2020. The eligibility and admission criteria of 2018 and 2017 is also mentioned, so that it will be easier for you to know the latest and the older IIM Lucknow admission criteria.