Jammu is a land of grand ancient temples, beautiful palaces nestled against the backdrop of the snow capped forested mountain ranges and river valleys. Before discussing the IIM Jammu cut off, we need to know thoroughly about the college.
Just like the other top colleges for MBA, The Indian institute of Management Jammu (IIM Jammu) is a public autonomous business school located in Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir, India. IIM Jammu is the 20th Indian institute of Management established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. IIM Jammu is currently offering Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in management as per Indian institute of Management Act 2017.
- About the Campus:
IIM Jammu is constructing its permanent campus in 200 acres of land in Jagti situated 18 kilometres away from Jammu Airport. The permanent campus will offer technology advanced classrooms, hostels, faculty residence and state of the art infrastructure. Further, IIM Jammu is setting up an Off campus Center at Srinagar.
IIM Jammu is currently offering Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Management, Executive Education Programme and Faculty Development Programme. The MBA programme spans over six trimester spread over the two years. The fundamental courses that lay the premises for various management roles are converted in the first year. Between the first and second year, students undertake an eight week summer internship. In the second year, students pursue elective courses from marketing, business policy and strategy, finance, operation management, human resource management and organisation behaviour areas.
There are many students who run clubs and committees at IIM Jammu. The clubs and committees are governed by the Student Council. The committee also organizes events throughout the year.
The hostel building of IIM Jammu is well equipped with plenty of sports equipment, internet and other necessary amenities. Besides this, the hostel also serves a good quality and nutritious food to the students. Safety is round the clock with guards and timings of entry and exit of each person is recorded.
IIM Jammu computer centre has a fast and reliable computer network of more than 500 devices. Institute has 40 Mbps Internet leased line connectivity. All the hostels, faculty blocks, administrative blocks, classrooms, library, Lab and sports area are connected through wired and WiFi connectivity. All the blocks are connected through L2 and L3 switches to provide connectivity at the user end.
Three High end servers are used for computing and networking tasks. A firewall and Squid Proxy server are used for access control. The classrooms have a seating capacity of 100 students and have two projectors with the audio system classes. Every faculty and office has a dedicated LAN connection on the institute’s network to provide round the clock access to resources on the internet. Wireless network is also enabled in the mess, bank and security blocks.
IIM Jammu final placement 2020 concluded with an average salary of Rs 10.06 LPA and highest salary of Rs 24.5 LPA. There were 84 recruiters making offers to 58 students in IIM Jammu placement 2020. More offers per student with lucrative roles and profiles were recorded at IIM Jammu placements for its third batch. Top recruiters like Deloitte, Motilal Oswal, Kancor Ingredients Ltd, Tata Power, Citi Bank, Hiranandani among others were included in IIM Jammu placements 2020.
IIM Jammu cut off will be released after the declaration of CAT 2020 result. Candidates who wish to appear in the selection rounds of IIM Jammu must fall within the IIM Jammu cut off. Minimum marks that are required by the candidates to be called for further admission rounds are called the IIM Jammu cut off. The personal appearance process of IIM Jammu will be done according to CAT 2021.
IIM Jammu was established in the year 2016 and is considered as a baby IIM. Certain factors such as difficulty level of CAT 2020, number of qualified candidates, previous year’s cutoffs, reservation etc will be considered by IIM Jammu at the time of finalizing the IIM Jammu cutoff 2021 batch.
IIM Jammu CAT cut off:
IIM Jammu CAT cut off has been announced by the management institute for the 2021-2023 batch at 90 percentile. IIM Jammu has increased the amount of vacancies this year. Hence, a large pool of candidates has been shortlisted. IIM Jammu admission process has commenced as of February 2021. For the 240 seats, 700 candidates have been shortlisted for the PI round phase 1 by IIM Jammu. Overall cutoff percentile for IIM Jammu ranges from 80 to 90 percentile over the years. The testimony that MBA at IIM Jammu is a hot pursuit by the aspirants is its last year final result which had 700 candidates placed in waitlist.
Factors affecting IIM Jammu cut off for CAT:
There are several factors that contribute to the preparation of IIM Jammu cut off.
- The total number of candidates that have appeared for CAT.
- The number of applicants.
- Difficulty level of CAT question paper.
- Availability of seats in IIM Jammu.
IIM Jammu selection process:
The admission process of IIM Jammu is a four step process.
- The first is the CAT exam where candidates will have to appear for the examination at a designated date.
- After commencement of CAT, candidates will be shortlisted for the Personal Appearance (PA) process.
- The third stage consists of conducting the PA process. PA process is composed of Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI).
- The final stage is to prepare the merit list based on CAT score, WAT and PI score and Profile score.
IIM Jammu Admission Eligibility:
- IIM Jammu Admission Eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with a least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category) the eligibility criterion is relaxed to 45%.
- The candidate should appear in CAT exam and must score minimum prescribed sectional and overall score to become eligible for admission at IIM Jammu.
- If the candidate is awarded grades/ CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence to determine PGP admission eligibility would be based on the equivalence certified by the Institution/ university from where the bachelor’s degree is obtained! In case the university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the IIM Jammu by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the admission eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results is also eligible to apply for IIM Jammu admission. Such a candidate must produce a certificate from the Principal/ Head of Department/ Registrar/ Director of the Institution/ University certifying that the candidate is currently in the final year or is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category) based on the available grade or marks!
IIM Jammu Admission Criteria:
IIM Jammu Admission criteria 2021 is a three step process:
- IIM-J pre shortlisting criteria
- IIM Jammu shortlisting criteria for PI-WAT
- IIM Jammu final admission selection criteria comprising PI-WAT.
So here is detailed information about the IIM Jammu cut off. IIM Jammu is one of the best colleges you can take admission in! We hope that you will get all the required information related to IIM Jammu cut off in this article.