There is no doubt about the fact that the black coat carries a lot of responsibilities. They are known to safeguard the truth and preserve law. Yes, they are none other than the lawyers. India has one of the top Lawyers like Fali Sam Nariman, Soli Sorabjee and others. The first step of becoming a lawyer is taking admission in a reputable law college. It is thus very important to choose a college which guides a student towards becoming a successful lawyer. Therefore this article will cover some important details such as eligibility, duration, fees and best law colleges in Hyderabad a must know about the course of law.
Different Law courses:
The different law courses available at undergraduate level ( UG), postgraduate level (PG) as well as doctorate level (PhD). A person who pursues law doesn’t necessarily have to be a lawyer, they can specialize in criminal law, civil law, cyber law, patent law, corporate law and others. Therefore some law courses available for undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level are as follows:
- BA LLB – It is a five year integrated LLB course. It is pursued at undergraduate level.
- BBA LLB – It is a five year integrated LLB course. It is pursued at undergraduate level.
- BSc LLB – It is a five year integrated LLB course. It is pursued at undergraduate level.
- B com LLB – It is a five year integrated LLB course. It is pursued at undergraduate level.
- LLB – It is a postgraduate course of three years.
- LLM – LLM or Masters of Law is pursued after graduation. It is a two year course.It can be any specialization such as criminal law, civil law, corporate law and others.
- PhD – It is a postgraduate course or doctorate level course. Like LLM it can be pursued in any specialization. It is for 3 to 5 years.
Therefore these are the different courses available at graduate level, postgraduate level as well as doctorate level to pursue law or legal studies.
Eligibility for the course of Law:
The basic criteria a candidate must fulfill in order to take admission in the course of law is as follows:
Eligibility for Undergraduate course:
- A candidate applying for the undergraduate course of law such as BA LLB or B com LLB or others have to first complete their 10+2 with at least 50 percent aggregate or 5.0 CGPA out of 10.
- There is no such age criteria for the undergraduate courses of law. Students of any age can apply for the course.
Eligibility for Postgraduate course:
- A candidate applying for the postgraduate course of law such as LLB or LLM or others must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognised college or university. They must have completed their graduation with at least 50 percent aggregate.
- There is no such age criteria for the postgraduate courses of law. Students of any age can apply for the course.
Admission process for the best law colleges in Hyderabad:
The admission process for law colleges in India are as follows:
- The candidates must first appear for the entrance exam which is accepted by their preferred university or college.
- Admission is based on the scores of entrance exams as well as the marks obtained in board exams or Bachelor degree
- Some Colleges just consider board marks or Bachelor degree’s marks as selection criteria.
- Some Colleges have their own entrance exam which is followed by a personal interview round
- After the selection, the shortlisted students are then called for a personal interview round.
- After the interview round, the students have to come for the final enrollment and verification
Therefore this is the admission process for law colleges in India. It varies from one College to another.
Entrance exams for the best law colleges in Hyderabad:
These are the few entrance exams for the course of law in India, which is the same as Hyderabad. They help in admission to different colleges and universities. They are as follows:
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) conducted by Bar council of India.
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) conducted by National Law University Delhi.
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT) conducted by Law School Admission Council ( LSAC)
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for Law ( MH CET) conducted by Directorate of Higher Education Maharashtra.
- Christ University Law Entrance Exam ( CULEE ) conducted by Christ University Bangalore.
- UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) conducted by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Dehradun.
- Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test ( AP LAWCET) and Andhra Pradesh Postgraduate Law Common Entrance Test ( AP PGLCET) conducted by Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education ( APSCHE)
- Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test ( TS LAWCET) and Telangana State Postgraduate Law Common Entrance Test ( TS PGLCET) conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of Telangana State of Higher Education.
- Kerala LLB Entrance Exam (KLEE) conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Exam.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth deemed University Common Entrance Test (BVP CET) conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth deemed University Pune.
- Army Institute of Law Entrance Test ( AIL LET) conducted by Army Institute of Law Mohali.
- Delhi University LLB ( DU LLB) conducted by Delhi University.
- Law Faculty Admission Test (LFAT) conducted by University of Allahabad.
- Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test (BHU UET) conducted by Banaras Hindu University.
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam (KIITEE) conducted by Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology.
These are the few National level as well as state level exams conducted by different states, Colleges and universities. Not just these there are other entrance exams as well.
Top best law colleges in Hyderabad:
These are the few best colleges for law in Hyderabad. They are as follows:
National Academy of Legal Studies And Research
National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR) was established in 1998. This public Law School was the first university in India to ever offer a BA LLB course. It also offers postgraduate and doctorate level courses. The campus of NALSAR has various facilities such as moot court, internet service centre, conference hall and others. Therefore it is regarded as one of the best law colleges in Hyderabad as well as India.
Entrance exam accepted- CLAT
Fees – 7 lakhs for 5 years
Address – Justice City, Shamirpet, Hyderabad, Telangana – 500101.
University College of Law, Osmania University
The faculty of law Osmania college was established in 1899 and is rated among the best law colleges in Hyderabad. It offers courses at undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as doctorate level. This college provides specialisation across six different streams which includes constitutional law, intellectual law, Labour Law and others. The campus of Osmania University has facilities such as moot court, smart classroom, library and others.
Entrance exam accepted– Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test ( TS LAWCET) and Telangana State Postgraduate Law Common Entrance Test ( TS PGLCET)
Fees – 2,900 for first semester
Address- Osmania University, Main road, Osmania University, Amberpet Hyderabad, Telangana – 5000007.
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies was established in 2010. It is approved by AICTE and offers courses across different subjects such as Management, Law, MBA and others. This College has two campuses one located in Jadcherla and other in Tarnaka. It is ranked 24th by the NIRF in 2020. This college has an excellent campus with a smart classroom, library and other facilities. Thus it is one of the best law colleges in Hyderabad.
Entrance exam accepted- CLAT, LSAT.
Fees- 5.8 lakhs
Address- Plot no. B4 Green Industrial Park, Polepally S3 TSIIC Jadcherla Mahabubnagar dist. Telangana – 509301.
Symbiosis International University Hyderabad ( SIUH)
Symbiosis International University Hyderabad was established in the year 2002 and offers courses in the field of Management as well as law. It is accredited with Grade ‘A’ by NAAC. It has an amazing campus with health care facilities, library, sports complex, Hospital and others. Therefore it is one of the best law colleges in Hyderabad.
Entrance exam accepted- SLAT
Fees- 2 lakhs 80 thousand.
Address- Survey No. 292, off Bangalore Highway, Village Mamidipally, Mandal Nandigana, Hyderabad Telangana – 509217.
Padala Rami Reddy Law College
Padala Rami Reddy Law College isa private college and was established in the year 1988. It is affiliated to Osmania University and is approved by the All India Technical Education bar council of India. It offers courses at undergraduate level and post graduate level. The Library of this university has more than 40,000+ books. This university has a highly developed faculty with various facilities such as smart classes, hostel, sports complex and others. Hence it is regarded as one of the best law colleges in Hyderabad.
Entrance exam accepted- Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test ( TS LAWCET) and Telangana State Postgraduate Law Common Entrance Test ( TS PGLCET)
Fees – 3.4 lakhs
Address – The nearest airportRajiv Gandhi International Airport is 20 kms away. Hyderabad Deccan railway station is 6.8 kms away. Bus stand MGBS which is 9 kms away.
Not just these, there are many other colleges in Hyderabad which offer law courses at different levels.
Law is considered to be one of the most reputed courses in India besides being popular it also carries a lot of responsibility as it safeguards the rights of people and is considered as the saviour of truth. As we all know the first step in the process of becoming a lawyer is selecting the right college. This article presents to you the best law colleges in Hyderabad along with that it covers other relevant details such as law entrance exams, admission process, eligibility criteria, different law courses and others.